Use of EduGuide.org
You agree to be a good citizen. You agree to use EduGuide.org only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not compromise the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of EduGuide.org. EduGuide.org prohibits behavior that inconveniences, disrupts, hurts or violates any member of our user community. You agree to abide by all applicable international, federal, state and local laws pertaining to (but not limited to) such areas as libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, copyright and trademark infringement.
The information, tools and applications provided at EduGuide.org are intended to support parents, students and educators. Content and tools are designed to help users make good educational choices, set goals, overcome challenges and cope with change. Information provided by EduGuide is not intended, however, to be the only or definitive source guiding a person’s decisions. EduGuide.org works hard to ensure the accuracy of the information it publishes, but it cannot make any guarantees. Some information at EduGuide.org may contain inadvertent technical oversights; contain typographical errors or factual inaccuracies; Further, information provided to users by members of the EduGuide community may be based on opinion and personal experience, rather than research, fact or truth. Users agree that they are using the information and tools provided by EduGuide.org and its publications at their own risk. Users also agree that ultimately, the success they achieve is entirely dependent on their own personal behavior and choices. Users acknowledge that use of EduGuide’s tools does not and cannot guarantee success or achievement by any definition. You therefore assume sole responsibility for all risks associated with the use of this site, its tools and information.
Limitation on Liability
Users agree that they will not hold responsible, EduGuide, its officers, licensors, affiliates, partners, directors, employees and agents for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages including, but not limited to, injury, lost use, data, revenues, time, opportunity, money, profits, or goodwill arising from or in connection with the use of this website, even when EduGuide has been advised of the possibility of such damages. EduGuide shall not be liable for damages or injury caused in whole or in part, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, and whether based in tort, contract, strict liability or otherwise in producing and publishing this Web site or any information contained in this site or linked by or to this site.
Specific Disclaimer of Warranties
All materials and services on EduGuide.org, including those provided by links to third-party web sites, are provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind. By accessing and using EduGuide.org you acknowledge and agree that use of the web site and the content is entirely at your own risk. The content published on EduGuide.org may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information. EduGuide makes no representations and, to the fullest extent allowed by law, disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose regarding the suitability of the information, or that this web site, including the server that makes it available, are free from viruses or harmful components. You should exercise caution and use industry-recognized software to detect and disinfect viruses. You will be solely responsible for your any damages to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm of any kind that may result.
All content on EduGuide.org including designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, podcasts, articles, information, documents and applications is the proprietary property of EduGuide, its users and its licensors. You many not adapt, copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, sell, rent, frame, display or otherwise use EduGuide.org content, in whole or in part, in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use without prior written permission signed by us. We do not knowingly permit anyone to post materials on our site where such posting would violate copyright or other applicable law, including the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or are aware of any infringing material on the web site, please contact web@EduGuide.org.
The names EduGuide, EduGuide.org, and all identifying images, including logos, photographs, graphic elements and multi-media are protected by copyright law. You may not use any of these elements without prior written permission from EduGuide.
Copyright and Reprint Requests
Prior written permission is required to reprint or redistribute any information from EduGuide.org, and our print publications. Contact Us.
Linking to EduGuide.org
Prior written permission is required to link to any element, article or page on this website. Contact Us.
When you voluntarily contribute to the EduGuide.org community, you agree to grant EduGuide, free of charge, permission to use your contributions as it sees fit. EduGuide may post, edit and publish your contributions on the web, in its publicity materials, applications for grant funding and in its print publications. You also agree that your contribution is your own work, not defamatory and doesn’t infringe any local, state, federal laws of the United States of America or applicable international laws. If you don’t want to grant us permission to use your contributions, we kindly ask that you refrain from contributing.
- Make civil, polite, respectful, tasteful and constructive contributions to our community.
- Be patient, open-minded and thoughtful. Users of all ages, backgrounds and abilities may be taking part in our online discussions.
- Respect copyrights and intellectual property rights. Quote sources and summarize in your own words, but don’t copy and paste from other sources. Copyright law prohibits this practice and we can’t have re-printed material on our site.
- Keep private information such as addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, full names, information from your private emails etc. private. Don’t share any personal information on our community.
- Report conduct that is questionable to our Web Services Manager, Jon Morgan, but remember that deliberate misuse of the complaints’ facility is not permitted.
- Choose a display name that is neither vulgar nor offensive to any user in our community.
- Use this site only if you are over the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may only use this site as part of a school or group that has parental permission for you to use EduGuide.org.
Community Users Agree that they will not…
- Post advertisements or promotional statements.
- Behave in any way that is disruptive, offensive, unethical, unlawful or abusive.
- Contribute content that contains offensive language. No unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, harmful, racist, ageist, obscene, sexually explicit, violent, threatening or otherwise offensive language is allowed.
- Impersonate someone else or misrepresent who they are.
- Contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- Solicit personal information, including email addresses, from anyone under the age of 18.
- Harvest or solicit passwords, email addresses or personally identifying information from anyone for commercial or unlawful intent.
- Believe everything they read. EduGuide.org endeavors to offer the best advice available but it offers no warranty and cannot guarantee the validity of everything on the site.
- Create more than one account for the express purpose of disrupting the community.
- Endanger the site and its user community by knowingly uploading, posting, transmitting, sharing or otherwise making available content that contains a virus or any other harmful computer code.
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules, you will be notified by staff and may, as a result of your actions, receive a warning, temporary suspension or will be permanently banned from the community. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your right to use our services at any time, for any reason. If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to the EduGuide.org community or otherwise engage in disruptive behavior on the website, and EduGuide considers such behavior to be serious and/or repeated, EduGuide may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as appropriate law enforcement agencies or your employer, school, email provider about the infringement(s).
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of law or court decisions, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Choice of Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
Limitations of Actions
You must commence any suit or other action in connection with your suit of this site within one year after events giving rise to the claim or cause of action occur.